The National Hydrologic Warning Council (NHWC), with membership across the United States and around the world, is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting emergency and environmental management officials by providing expert advice on the use of real-time, high quality hydrologic information from automated remote data systems, with the goals of protecting lives, property, and the environment.
NEW! Click here for the latest issue of The NHWC Transmission.
2018 Texas Workshop - Click here to go to the 2018 10th Annual Texas Workshop
2019 Conference - Click here to go to the 2019 Conference
- November 7, 2018 - New Job Posting! Dam Safety Engineer (Instrumentation Focus) for Managed Business Solutions (Specialty Contractor for Bureau of Indian Affairs). See our Job Openings page for more details.
- October 25, 2018 - Deadline extended for the 2019 NHWC Conference Call for Abstracts. We understand that Hurricane Michael, Hurricane Florence, and numerous local flood events across the U.S. in the past few months have caused our NHWC members and friends to be so inundated with work that they've not had time to put together an abstract for the 2019 NHWC Conference. As such, we've extended the deadline to November 9, 2018. Submit abstracts online using our NHWC 2019 Conference Abstract Submission Form.
- October 12, 2018 - The final agenda has been posted for the 2018 NHWC Texas Workshop, being held at the historic Menger Hotel in San Antonio, Texas. The theme for this year's workshop is "Flood Warning Systems and Dam Safety." Confirmed speakers include flood warning experts from federal, state, and local agencies across Texas, as well as private industry. This is a can't miss training opportunity for flood warning and dam safety professionals. Registration is a mere $130 for NHWC Members, and the hotel is at a discounted rate of $124/night. Click here for registration, agenda, exhibitor, and sponsorship information.
- September 27, 2018 - You're in luck, the Menger Hotel has extended the cut-off date to make reservations to October 27th. If you haven't made hotel reservations yet for the 10th Annual NHWC Texas Workshop on November 14-15, 2018 in San Antonio, now is the time. Please click this link for more hotel, workshop agenda, and registration information.
- September 19, 2018 - The draft agenda has been posted for the 10th Annual NHWC Texas Workshop being held November 14-15 at the Menger Hotel in San Antonio. Please click this link for more agenda and registration information.